Friday, November 13, 2009

Appointments--Evaluation for a Cochlear Implant

We have a couple of appointments set up for Ellie to start being evaluated for a cochlear implant. The first one is next Friday (the 20th) at 8 am. I'm not exactly sure what they will be doing at this one...The second one is the following Monday (the 23rd) at 8 am. This one is for speech--they will want to know what kinds of sounds she is making, etc.

I took Ellie this past Wednesday to see a chiropractor (Tim Burkhart). She did end up needing an adjustment....her neck was a little off. This was encouraging because Tim said that the neck area can be related to ear issues. I don't want to get my hopes up, but we're definitely praying that this could maybe help improve her hearing. We will be following up with him next Wednesday and the following week as well. Since she has been adjusted, I keep on trying to see if I can get responses with lower volumes and sounds like "shhh" or "ssss"....these are sounds that we were sure she would not be able to hear. Sometimes I think she does respond, but other times (most of the time), she seems oblivious.

Anyways, that's all for now...I will keep you posted with the appointments and hearing test results!

No comments:

Post a Comment