Friday, February 19, 2010

New Surgery Date--March 10

I took Ellie to see Dr. Daniels this morning. I was really thinking that her ears were looking a TON better! But he looked inside, and said that they are still looking goopy inside. Therefore, he has decided that it would be best to push her cochlear implants date back 2 more weeks to March 10. :( He put her on antibiotics and more ear drops. Part of me wanted to scream, "Why didn't you do this 3 weeks ago when I first started calling about this issue?????" But the more restrained part of me just smiled and nodded. I'm still learning to be my child's advocate...I definitely need to learn to be more assertive and push for things I really want for Ellie. Yes, I know that this is only a 2 week delay, but it feels like forever when we are just wanting Ellie to be able to hear our voices. We have an appointment March 8 with Dr. Daniels to make sure that all the fluid is cleared up.


  1. DANG IT!!!!
    Yes, it's only 2 weeks, but I can see why you'd be frustrated.
    I think the doctors would be surprised if you got sassy with them. Try it, you'll love it! (Trust me! haha)

  2. I just found your blog and had to say your sweet girl is so precious! Believe me, learning to advocate for your child comes quickly. Although two weeks seems like nothing for most, it's just more days added to the waiting game for us CI parents. My son Aiden's first hearing birthday is 3/9 so we'll be thinking of you the next day! It's such an exciting journey! Best of luck to you all and can't wait to hear about activation!