Thursday, April 8, 2010

A New World--Day 2!

We had such a fun day today, so I wanted to share it with you all! I put Ellie's implants on this morning and she kept on wanting to take them off...we battled for a good 20 minutes, but after that, she just forgot about them and was fine. I brought her to Joe's mom's house so that I could teach some piano lessons this morning. Before I left, I turned the volume up a little bit. She looked up right away and got a huge grin on her face and started running back and forth from me to the toys. It was hilarious! I was gone for a couple of hours, and when I got back, I turned up the volume a little bit more. She smiled really big again and ran around the circle of people giving hugs to everybody. So funny! :) I'm just so happy that she likes to hear the sound. I was kind of imagining her always wanting to pull them off of her head, but she just loves them!

This evening I went with my parents to get a swing set that I bought off of Craigslist. My dad was taking it apart and hammering some screws out. Ellie was walking around when he started hammering and her eyes blinked really fast and she looked up and smiled big...like "wow, that was weird, but I liked it!"

I'm just seeing so many reactions that I have never seen from her before, and it's so fun to watch her as she is experiencing this new world of hearing. I'm still not so sure how much she can really hear, but she really enjoys what she does hear! I have been trying to call her name when she is facing away from me, and she doesn't really acknowledge me yet...but I'm sure we'll get there soon enough. Who knows, maybe she already has "selective hearing," and chooses not to listen to me. :)

1 comment:

  1. That must be so fun and exciting to watch. I can not imagine what is going through her head when she hears something. So excited and happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete