Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bandage is off!

We took the bandage off this morning...It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I don't think I will post a picture of the incisions, though, because it is a little graphic. Ellie had another good day today (for the most part.) She threw up her milk this morning right after I gave her the steroids, but immediately felt better. After cleaning up that mess, my parents came over to help me cut the bandage off. Then they took her back to their house so that I could go to stay with Joe (my husband) at the hospital.

For those of you who don't know our family well, here's a quick little background....Joe is on dialysis because his kidney failed last year. To make a long story short, he is at the hospital because he got an infection (peritonitis) which needs to be treated with antibiotics.

So, needless to say, I was not with Ellie very much today. She went to my parents' house and is there overnight. My mom said that she was very happy again today. We switched her over to regular Tylenol, which seems to be controlling any pain that she has. We are so grateful for friends and family that are so willing to help out! Joe's mom came over to our house last night when Ellie was in bed and I had to bring Joe to the ER. (Thank you so much!) And we have had others that are so willing to help with Ellie or anything else we need. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie...I am soooo sorry to hear about this...if there is ANYTHING that I can do, just let me know. Hopefully things will start to look a little brighter the next couple days and both Joe and Ellie heal well. Take care.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything went well with Ellie's surgery Julie! That's great that she's doing so well. And we're praying for you guys through all this, that both Joe and Ellie continue to heal and that everyone is home soon. Stay strong, we hope to see you back in church soon!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete